Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thor

"It's Thursday, Pieter. Where are your sheets?" Sylvia says.

"I wasn't aware that Thursday was sheet-day," PJ mumbles.

"I want those sheets now."

"Yeah, yeah," PJ sits at the lunch table and mutters, "I've been home for three months and it's never been sheets on Thursday."

"Thursday is derived from 'Thor's Day,'" I quip, "Thor being the Norse god of thunder . . . and bed sheets."

PJ smiles, "How silly of me to forget."

"Where are those sheets?" Sylvia calls from several rooms away.

"You better get those bed sheets," Alan says, "or you will have to deal with the god of thunder."

No comments:

Post a Comment