Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Saving Money

"I can't believe the prices of these groceries!" Ben told his wife, Lisa, as they purveyed the dairy aisle. "It's highway robbery except it's a grocery store . . . and also I'm still purchasing something, but you know what I'm getting at."

Lisa grabbed a carton of half and half from the cooler.

"Three bucks for some half and half?" Ben exclaimed.

"But I like some with my coffee."

"They give away spurts of half and half at the coffee machine in the gas station down the street. Just fill up a coffee cup and put a lid on it. They'll never know."

No comments:

Post a Comment