Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Indecision

The door closed with a slow creak and a deafening click. Just like that she was gone, and I just let her leave.

I stood there staring at the door; not sure of what I expected to happen. I wasn't even sure of what I wanted to happen. Was it supposed to be this easy? Should I follow her? Should I wait and see if she comes back?

Every moment I let slip away, the farther she slipped away. Every moment that passed, the realization that she wasn't coming back crushed my heart little by little.

And I just stood there.

No comments:

Post a Comment