Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Saving Money Part Two

Continued from "Saving Money"
~~~

I brought my purchase up to counter as casually as possible. The employee spied my cup and then her bloodshot eyes took hold of my eyes and peered deep into my soul. The words I dreaded to hear croaked out in emphysema-laden breaths, "Is that coffee in the cup?"

That's it, I thought, the jig is up. She knows I just filled the cup with creamer, effectively saving myself 53 cents by avoiding the overpriced grocery market. "Yes," I said in a completely unconvincing voice.

"One twenty-seven," she said.

I quickly paid and made off with my prize. The perfect crime!

1 comment: