Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Wizard's Apprentice and the Girl

"Why are you lying up on the roof?"

Hal rose from his spot to spy a girl standing on the path that ran into town. He returned his gaze to the sky and said, "Because up until this moment, no one ever bothered me while I was up here."

"This is the wizard's house. Are you the apprentice?"

"Yes, and I'm studying."

"Studying? Without books?"

"Silly girl! A wizard's books are the elements themselves!" Hal spread his arms out toward the sky for emphasis.

"It looks to me like you're cloud watching."

Hal folded his arms, "So?"

"May I join you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment