Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Coupons

"It was awful, Meredith! Just awful!" Matthew threw the groceries onto the counter.

"Why? What's wrong, honey?"

"I was at the checkout, and I told the young man there that I had some coupons. Well, he just laughed. I asked him what was so funny, and he said, 'Only women use coupons.' Only women?! It's not like I cut them out of the Sunday paper. They printed them out for me last time I was there. It's like wasted money not to use them. That’s not womanly. That's just smart! Right?"

"Oh, Matthew," Meredith gave a sympathetic sigh, "men aren’t smart."

3 comments: