Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Insomnia

I cannot sleep.

That is not entirely accurate. I sleep maybe an hour at a time, after about three or four hours tossing and turning.

I don't drift into it either. One minute I'm lying uncomfortably on my bed and the next I'm standing somewhere I've never been, but completely familiar. You know how it is with dreams.

People I know reveal pieces of themselves I never knew. Since it's my dream, I guess they're pieces of me I never knew.

Then he shows up, ruins everything. Just like in my waking life. I wake up depressed, angry.

I cannot sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment