Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Misty

"Misty. Misty. Hey, Misty!"

"Shut up!" Misty says out loud. Other library patrons give her weird stares, but she doesn't notice.

"Nobody can hear me except you, Misty," the voices reminds her.

"Maybe I don't want to hear you either. Ever think of that?" Misty thumbs through a back issue of Scientific American. "Maybe I don't want a voice in my head all the time telling me to do things."

A woman walks past Misty.

"Her! Kill her," the voice says.

"See, this is what I'm talking about!" Misty says. "Okay, but this is the last time, and I mean it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment