Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Career Preparation

"I got onto the bus as I always do, but today was different. Today, everyone gawked at me as I walked down the sticky aisle toward the back," Billy said, "I sat down next to my best friend, Robert." Billy sat down next to his best friend, Robert.

"What are you doing, Billy?" Robert asked.

"Robert asked. 'I've decided that if I want to live my dream, then I've got to start now,' I said," Billy said.

"What dream?" Robert asked.

"Robert asked, clearly too dense to understand," Billy said.

"Hey!"

"'My dream of being a narrator,' I said," Billy said.

2 comments: