Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Constructed Reality

"Morning, honey," Leslie says as I enter the kitchen, "I already made coffee."

"Thanks," I say pouring myself a cup, "Why are you always so good to me?"

"Maybe because I am a construct of your mind," Leslie vanishes at the realization of her self-negating statement.

I stare into the space she was occupying only a few moments ago and sigh. This has been happening to me a little too often lately. I lift my mug to my mouth and realize something is missing. "Come on! The coffee was a construct, too?" I say to no one. "That's crossing the line!"

No comments:

Post a Comment