Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

An Ode to Coffee

O coffee, sweetest of bitter brews!
It is for you I crave in the early hours.
From the depths of sleep you save me.
"Awake!" you cry in the morning.
"O slumbering man, awake!
Awake from your dreams and begin to dream
Of a bright future that starts with a single cup.
Forget you now drink the whole pot.
Avoid the discussion of caffeine addiction.
Ignore the fact you've personified coffee in a poem."
O coffee, my dear and only friend!
I cannot live without you.
I don't have a problem, do I, coffee?
You'd never lie to me, coffee, right?

2 comments:

  1. Dun-dun-DUUUUUUNNNNNN! (CLOSE-UP OF COFFEE POT, FOCUSING ON ITS LIFELESS EYES)

    ReplyDelete