Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Art Imitates Life

I sat at my computer pounding my face into the keyboard.

"It just won't come! The words, they will not come!" I muttered to myself in between face-to-keyboard poundings.

For the past several days, each 101 word short story I wrote came very easily and was done within thirty minutes. But I had been sitting here for over 2 hours, and I still did not have anything.

"Where do the words come from?" I asked to no one.

Then it hit me. My particular situation had all the drama and intrigue of a 101 word short story. I finished another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment