Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chalk Rock

I stared in amazement as a seemingly normal rock was used to write on the ground as if it were chalk. "Chalk rock," the kid explained to me.

Later that day I had converted my younger brother to the wonders of "chalk rock," and we began searching for these hidden miracles of nature. A short search later we discovered rocks that left white marks in the driveway. Knowing that chalk can wash off, I proceeded to "chalk up" the family car, my brother following suit. My kindergarten mind had it all figured out.

Needless to say, my father was not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment