Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thinly Veiled Analogy

Russ and George ordered lunch at the local burger joint and sat down to eat together. Russ reached over and took a handful of George's fries.

"Hey! Those are my fries," said George.

"I'm taking these fries because they're a side dish, a disputable part of the meal," said Russ, "At least I'm not eating your burger." Immediately finishing his sentence, Russ grabbed hold of George's burger and took a bite.

"You can't do that!" George protested.

"Yes I can. It's a peacekeeping measure," explained Russ.

"How is it peacekeeping?"

"If you don't let me eat it, there won't be peace."

1 comment: