Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Bittersweet Reunion

"You're not as I remember," Jennifer Howe sipped lightly from her steaming cup, "but I can't quite place my finger on it."

"It has been a few years. I don't believe I'm the same man you knew at all," Kowalski smiled.

"You still have your old smile," Jennifer smiled as well, "You're not completely different. I'm sorry, would you like some coffee?"

"No thank you, Jenn. I'm afraid I didn't come for the reunion. You remember Lesley?"

"Lesley Park? Yes, I remember her."

"She's dead," Darrin Kowalski's voice faltered, "She's dead, Jenn."

"I don't understand," Jennifer said, "How?"

"I killed her."

No comments:

Post a Comment