Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life Is Story

"Today I realized I am not the hero of my own story," Quinn says matter-of-factly.

"Excuse me?" Talia says.

"I think we all have this idea that our lives should conform to the elements of a good story. There should be a beginning, middle and end. You should get to be the hero, overcome the challenges set before you, and live happily-ever-after."

Talia says nothing.

"I've realized I'm not the hero. I'm not the sidekick. I'm not even the comic relief character. I'm just an extra, nameless Bystander #2."

"I think I'll just walk instead of catch the bus," Talia says.

No comments:

Post a Comment