Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Case of the Fourth Wall

Continued from The Case of Doctor Walton, The Case of Zombie O'Malley, The Case of the Gypsy Amulet, The Case of the Magician, The Case of Another Detour, The Case of the Anachronistic Quote, and The Case of Science.
~~~

Shamrock O'Malley and I sat in our study, as we often had before.

"Like old times," I reminisced.

"Indeed," Shamrock noted, "Except for the convoluted way in which I somehow came back to life. I dare say if this were a story and not real life, I would say the author of our tale wasn't really trying."

"In any case," I said, "things are back to normal."

"Quite right," Shamrock agreed but not for long, "though if the events of today would foreshadow anything, it would be that our new adventures just won't have the spark they had before I died."

~~~
More cases from the files of Shamrock O'Malley

No comments:

Post a Comment