Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Eric's Journey of Enlightenment: Never Trust a Bear

I came into town with scars across my chest, wearing a bear-skin coat still dripping with blood.

I had traveled into a remote part of the Rocky Mountains, where I could contemplate the meaning of life free from the shackles of human interaction and responsibility.

It was there that I also befriended a bear. I named him Ben. I know it wasn't terribly original, but I thought it was funny in an ironic sort of way.

It was nearly too late before I realized Ben's real intentions toward me. Only one of us was going to come down that mountain alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment