Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, November 2, 2009

November

There were more leaves spread across the ground than were actually still clinging to the trees. The vibrant colors of yellow, orange, and red seemed to warm up the atmosphere despite the dropping temperatures. A flock of geese made their way south, announcing their presence to all below.

I sat outside a corner coffee store, holding the warm cup between both my hands. I sipped lightly, as I gazed at the scene about me.

Winter had come and gone last year, though at the time it seemed as if it would never be over. How quickly now did winter come again.

1 comment:

  1. that's it! that's exactly it. you've captured it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete