Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lost in Thought

My coffee had long since gone ice cold, and the baristas were locking up. I sat outside at a table for two. The second seat remained empty.

How long had I been waiting?

The sun had set, and street lights had automatically turned on. I took a sip of my frosty brew somehow thinking it would suddenly be warm.

Had I even been waiting for anyone?

My thoughts were jumbled, hard to define like figures in a dense fog. A figure walks out of the fog and into the light. Perhaps she knows why I'm here.

She sits down beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment