Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Jerrod

"You're not perfect, Jerrod," they had said, "We know it's hard to hear, but it's the truth. You should seek out some help."

A few weeks later Jerrod returned. "I have sought help, and I have improved, have I not?"

"You have," they said, "but the times you do well must be because of the help you sought. So in a way you haven't really improved at all."

Jerrod wished he had asked, "Why can't you just accept that I've improved because I sought help?"

"Then that would mean we'd have to change our opinion of you," was their imagined reply.

1 comment: