Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Lone Rider

A lone rider came up from the east.

Farmer Territ hailed the rider, "I pray thee, good sir, what news from the city of Dunwynn?"

The rider wore dirty rags as clothing and cheeks were sunken in from malnutrition. "Dreadful tidings, my lord. Barbarians attacked from the north and have completely razed the city."

"What of the citizenry?"

"I do not know, my lord. I saw a great flame upon Dunwynn. I fear that I am one of only a few who escaped the wrath of Warlord Hazon."

Territ paced about, "My brother and his family lived in Dunwynn."

"My condolences."

No comments:

Post a Comment