Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Psalm

I will praise the Lord in my tribulation,
For He has already saved me.

Where is the one who would do me harm?
He attacks with fists and guns.

He tells falsehoods against my name;
Let him tell his lies to God.

My body is broken; my name suffers.
Still will I call upon the Lord.

I pass through the flame as gold,
And I become strong.

I struggle in the cocoon of a moth,
And I learn to fly.

The winds and waves crash upon the tree,
But it stands the test of time.

I will praise the Lord in my tribulation,
For a home with Him is mine.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I'm on my Uncle Robert's devotional email list and he just requested everyone on it to write a psalm so that he can compile them into a book--all anonymous since it should be about God and not about us. I think it's a great idea and hopefully I'll come up with something as wonderful as this. P.S. I'm sorry for what you have suffered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I found writing this psalm to be a very rewarding experience, and I hope you find your efforts to be rewarding as well.

    In regards to myself, I appreciate the sympathy. I wrote this psalm to help put my own suffering into its proper context. We grow from it, and even if it looks really bad we have nothing to fear from it, because God is in control. And that is a wonderful thought. :)

    ReplyDelete