Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Eric's Journey of Enlightenment: Fear

Evening fell, but neither stars nor moon could be seen for a thick blanket of clouds loomed overhead.

KA-KARACKADOOM!

Light split the veil of darkness for a moment revealing the silhouette of a man standing before me.

"What is your greatest fear?" he asked.

Rain poured from the heavens as if all the waters of the earth had been gathered directly over top of us, and emptied all at once.

"Speak, traveler," the man demanded over the roar of the falling rain.

"I fear," I paused a moment, "I fear you," I said.

The man smiled and the storm passed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment