Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Fedora

"Hey, check out my new fedora! Now I'm all like Indiana Jones!" Lenard bit his bottom lip in childish excitement.

"Uh, yeah," Paul said, "The 1930's called. They want their fashion sense back."

"What? No. This is cool," Lenard said with desperation, "I'm cool."

"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, Lenny boy," Paul smirked. Lenard hated it when Paul smirked.

"You know what, Paul? You're nothing more than a big meanie-face."

Paul just laughed.

"This fedora is cool, and one day you'll regret making fun of me!"

Twenty years later Paul wrote a letter to Lenard. "I'm sorry," it began.

No comments:

Post a Comment