Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Flood

"I spy with my little eye something blue," Shem's wife said as they peered out the window of the ark.

"Water," the rest replied in unison.

"I am so bored," said Ham, "Why doesn't Japheth play us another song?"

"Because the last string on my lyre broke two weeks ago," explained Japheth, "and dad won't let me gut any of the cats to make more."

"We need them to repopulate the earth later," called Noah from the other side of the ark.

"Does the restored world really need cats?" Ham asked, "Because I am really dying for a song right now."

1 comment: