Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Forgiveness

I asked for forgiveness, but nothing happened up there on that hill. Someone told me that they felt closer to God up on a mountain. I can't say I felt closer to anything. That's probably because my mind was still miles and miles away.

Miles and miles away she was living her life the best she could, despite my involvement in it. I tried to apologize, but it never seemed to be enough. So I left. Partly to give her respite, and partly to find abatement for my soul.

I keep pressing on. Somewhere there is forgiveness. Somehow I will forget.

1 comment: