Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Climate Change

Behold my works, for I am man. I am the master of the earth and skies, for I have proclaimed it. Behold my power and tremble.

I push upon the glacier, and it moves slowly across the continent. I am responsible.

With my lungs I blow winds into the sky and produce the mighty hurricanes. I am responsible.

I rub my hands together and produce heat. Ten thousand miles away the Antarctic shelf collapses. I am responsible.

I pay someone else to do the opposite of what I do. My guilt is assuaged. I remain the God of my own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment