Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Heart Problems

"Tina is still there," Hank said, "lingering in the crevices of my heart."

"That's plaque," Hank's doctor said.

"You don't understand, Doc," Hank explained, "Even though she's gone, I'm still in love with her."

"No, you don't understand. We're talking about significant blockage here."

"I can still feel her clutching onto my left hand, my whole left arm, actually."

"That's angina. You're having a heart attack."

"You're finally understanding, Doc! She's attacking my heart. It's so powerful I can hardly breathe. I think I may faint." And that's exactly what Hank did.

A quadruple bypass later Tina stopped ailing Hank's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment