Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Jeremy and Hannah

"What's your problem, Jeremy?" Hannah says with ever-increasing exasperation.

"I just feel like I'm trapped," Jeremy says, "I have no way out, you know? No. You wouldn't know. You never know."

"That's because you never give me a chance," Hannah's eyes well up on queue.

"Oh, don't you try to trap me, too!" Jeremy yells. "I need an advocate right now, and you are so not being my advocate right now."

Hannah tries to get a word in, but Jeremy continues.

"Helpmeet! You're supposed to be a helpmeet! Helpmeet? That's a word, right? I'm pretty sure it's a word. Helpmeet. Helpmeet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment