Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Autobiography

"Eric, you are such a great guy," she says.

"Do you really mean it?" I ask.

"Not anymore!" she yells. "Why are you always like this? Why can't you just be confident enough to accept what I tell you?"

"My previous experiences with women have taught me that even though they say I'm a great guy, they dump me at the first moment of weakness," I try to explain.

"Just shut up!" she turns and walks away.

I learn to live without her approval, regain my confidence, and meet someone else.

Return to the beginning of the story and repeat. Forever.

3 comments:

  1. This shouldn't amuse me, but it does (sorry!). You can't say forever b/c you haven't died yet. Don't worry, your love life is not doomed for eternity. You are so cute. And you have a lot more girl-drama ahead of you. (he he he!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote it because I thought it was amusing, so don't feel bad! :)

    Thanks for the kind words (they do mean a lot)! I think I'm only half as cynical about my future as this story makes me out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose that bringing Steve B. to mind wouldn't help your cynisism. He is an isolated case.

    ReplyDelete