Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Superhero Registration Bureau

"Name?"

"Tamia Sciurus."

"I meant your superhero name."

"Oh, sorry. It's my first time to the Superhero Registration Bureau."

"Obviously."

"I'm the Flying Squirrel."

"So, you glide around with cloth between your arms and legs like those cute little flying squirrels?"

"No. I tried that, but there aren't a lot of updrafts in St. Louis to justify a gliding system. I use a jet pack now."

"So, let me get this straight: You dress up like a squirrel and use a jet pack to fly?"

"Is that too strange?"

"You kidding? That's the closest to normal that we've gotten all year!"

2 comments:

  1. Where do you come up with these strange ideas? I wonder about you sometimes.

    P.S. "I meant you are super hero name." ¿?¿

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought that "The Flying Squirrel" sounded like some B-grade superhero... then I hammed it up by giving the concept a twist with a jet pack.

    And thanks for pointing out the grammatical error. It's fixed now.

    ReplyDelete