Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Departure

It rained that afternoon in late October: The day you left.

I stood there in the rain, and watched you go. As you left, time slowed to a crawl. I could see every single drop of rain as it fell and broke upon the earth. I remember exactly how many steps it took you to walk to your car: Eleven. Each step took an eternity. Each eternity tore apart my heart until nothing was left.

I tried to speak, but no words came. I just watched you go. I stood there.

I stood there in the rain, and watched you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment