Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Typical Sitcom

"You've got to help me, Jeff! I finally have a date with Rachel, the girl I've been pining over for the last fifteen minutes, but I just remembered that I have to make the winning touchdown at the football game! And I'm supposed to be at both tonight!"

"Woah! Slow down there Speedy Gonzales," Jeff smirks at the camera to canned laughter, "I know how to fix everything."

"You do?"

"Yeah! With the help of NBA All-Star Yao Ming!"

Yao enters to enthusiastic applause and cheers. "I cameo," he says and leaves.

"How was that supposed to help?"

"Do what now?"

2 comments:

  1. My favorite sitcom trope is the "I have to be in two places at once" episode. On its face the plot device is so ridiculous, yet it seems every sitcom has to have the "being in two places at once" episode. It's absolutely absurd.

    Also, this story is for someone's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I remember our stupid 'I cameo' thing.

    ReplyDelete