Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Krispy Kremes

I was walking through the grocery store and passed by the doughnut section. A little girl was spying the Krispy Kremes.

"No," her mother said, "I've had Krispy Kremes and they suck."

I froze mid-step. Did I just hear what I thought I heard? I couldn't possibly have heard what that woman said. That's not even possible.

But then it hit me; a sudden realization of the very real certainty that at some point earlier today I had stepped into an alternate universe where opposites were somehow true. That was the only possible explanation for the mother's behavior. The only explanation!

1 comment: