Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Modest Proposal

"Senator Evans from Pennsylvania is recognized."

"Thank you, Mr. President. I come before my colleagues of the United States Senate to humbly ask for your forgiveness. Yesterday I introduced S1367: Annex Canada and Call It 'America, Jr.' Act of 2009 to great hoopla. Some said it was 'crazy' or 'insane' or 'illegal under international law.' I now wish to apologize to my critics. That's right. I wish to apologize. I apologize for being a visionary! I ask to be forgiven for being the only Senator courageous enough to introduce this essential piece of legislation! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!"

~~~
More proposals by Senator Evans of Pennsylvania

4 comments:

  1. I gotta hear you read this one...please???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often considered annexing all or part of Canada. Nova Scotia, for example, is farther south in many places than Maine. Also, I hate how I can apparently only use one space between sentences in this comment box. (I grew up using two.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Times are a'changing, Dissension. Nobody teaches kids to use two spaces anymore. But even if you wanted to, HTML just doesn't recognize more than one space in a row. So this is a problem you're going to have with the entire internet! Maybe you should ask Senator Evans to write up some legislation forcing everyone to use two spaces between sentences.

    ReplyDelete