Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Case of the Death of Shamrock O'Malley- Part 4

Continued from "The Case of the Death of Shamrock O'Malley" Parts 1, 2, and 3.
~~~

I turned around to see Professor Montgomery doubled over with laughter. "I'm sorry," he said between fits of laughter, "I can no longer contain myself! I fooled everyone except this idiot oaf of an Irishman."

Shamrock stiffened with anger.

"Not even that genius cocaine-addict Holmes discovered my plans, but this bumbling conspiracy nut found me out," Montgomery continued, "Too little, too late, I'm afraid. The countdown has already begun!" With a whip of his wrist, he uncovered a ticking clock. "When this reaches midnight, my giant-space-laser shall incinerate the Netherlands!"

"Why the Netherlands?" I inquired.

Montgomery shrugged, "I hate the Dutch."

To be continued . . .

~~~
More cases from the files of Shamrock O'Malley

No comments:

Post a Comment