Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Dangerous Combination

I discovered him lying there in a pool of Flintstones brand vitamins, Cherry Coke, and his own vomit. I shook my head in disdain. "What made you do it, Charlie?" I asked myself out loud knowing full well the answer. "I'm sorry, Charlie."

Fifteen years ago the birds were singing a carefree song, and we were all singing along. Life was a lot simpler back then. The sun still shined fifteen years ago, and Charlie wasn't dead, hopped up on too much caffeine and children's nutritional supplements. They were the 'gummie' kind. They didn't have those when I was a kid.

1 comment: