Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Several Years Ago

"I asked for these days off back in September," I tried to reason with the manager. "These are the days of my finals."

"But you're scheduled for those days. You're going to be letting the rest of your team members down if you skip out on work."

"Are you trying to guilt me into skipping finals?" I asked. "I seriously don't think that I am going to look back on my life twenty years from now and say, 'Why did I put so much effort into college? I really wish I had spent more time at Target!'"

He turned red. "Fine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment