Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Conversation with Myself

"Did you ever notice that a lot of my 101 word short stories are just conversations?" I asked myself.

I replied, "Yes, I was beginning to notice that. Why do you do that?"

"I've found that 101 words are very limiting. Every word needs to count, and oftentimes to get a fully realized story, descriptions need to be cut down."

"So then why conversations?" I asked knowing the reply.

"Conversations convey a story while letting the reader fill in the gaps with their own imagination! It's magic!"

"One more question: Don't these short conversations usually end on an anti-climatic note?"

"Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment