Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Curious Case of Mr. Sambrook

"I can't believe I've been waiting thirty minutes for an interview."

The manager poked around the corner. "Mr. Sambrook, would you follow me to my office?"

"Sure thing. Finally!"

"What?"

"Oh, nothing . . . Boy, that was close."

The manager turned around, "Do you seriously want this job?"

"What do you mean?"

"You make smart-aleck remarks whenever I say anything."

Mr. Sambrook's face instantly conveyed shock, "Why I never! I'll have you know I have a legitimate medical condition that leaves me unable to internalize my thoughts! Shall I report this disability discrimination to the EEOC?"

"No, sorry, I didn't realize–"

"Jerk."

1 comment:

  1. I've read this a dozen times and I laughed every time!

    ReplyDelete