Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Case of the Clueless Detective

Before Shamrock O'Malley and I lay a man, Mr. Jacob Hathaway, dead in the middle of his study. He had been stabbed in the small of the back with an intricately carved knife of Oriental origin. However, he had been found with all the doors and windows of the study locked from the inside. How could a murder take place within a locked room?

"I'm certainly confounded," I confessed.

"It's elementary, my dear Walton."

"Go on then, Shamrock."

"Space aliens did this. Yes. Space aliens and magic."

I later heard that some upstart from Baker Street actually did solve the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment