Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Merry-Go-Round Tussle

I quickly count the people standing in front of me. Thirty-seven not counting parents. That should place me near the front of the second bunch. Excellent.

The first group enters. Seven still in front of me. That girl in the curls may be a problem.

We're up! Let me through! Hurry it up!

I don't see it. It must be on the other side. No! The girl in curls is making a run for it! I'll just "accidently" push her over . . .

Success! Take that girl in curls! You can ride the bear that's bolted to the floor! The pink unicorn's mine!

1 comment:

  1. This story is much funnier when you imagine the narrator as a 35 year old man. ;)

    ReplyDelete