Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hillbilly Philosophy

"'Ey, Jim Bob?"

"Yeah, Cletus?"

"Ya ever think that maybe we hain't lived up ta our po-tan-tial?"

"How ya mean, Cletus?"

"Well, I was thinkin' maybe I shoulda gone on ta second grade. Maybe with an ed-gee-kay-tion I wouldn't be 'worr'in' so much about Mex-ee-kans takin' my jobs."

"That shore is dangerous talk, Cletus. Bein' interspective 'bout yer own short-comin's rather than blamin' others based upon nation o' origin might jus' get ya thrown outta the gentleman's club."

"I know but didn' Gee-zis say, 'Pull the plank outta yer own eye first?'"

"Cletus, I ain't seein' no plank in yer eyes."

1 comment: