Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Marked 'Return to Sender'

My Beloved John,

I have recently taken to walks along the country path we once walked as children. I often sit underneath the large oak tree for hours and think of you.

Mother seems to have finally gotten over her flu. She scared us there for a while. I read to her the parts of your letters asking of her and she smiles.

I pray night and day that this infernal war would come to an end. Not only for peace's sake, but also so I might see you and once again be held in your warm embrace.

Yours Forever,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment