Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Could You Spare a Few Dollars?

A bum stopped me on the street recently. He was a sorry sight for eyes.

"Let me just put this out in the open," he said to me without any indication that I wanted to talk to him, "I'm an alcoholic. I know I have a problem, and I'm wondering if you can spare a few dollars so I can buy a beer."

"No! I'm not going to aide your addiction!"

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry. Of course. I actually meant I was collecting donations for starving children in Africa. Could you spare a few dollars?"

"Well, if it's for African children. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment