Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Monday, July 7, 2008

A Modest Proposal

"Senator Evans from Pennsylvania is recognized."

"Thank you, Mr. President. I would encourage all of my colleagues to give serious consideration to the pending legislation, S523: Engrave the Visage of Senator Evans on the Face of the Moon with a Giant Space Laser Act of 2008. Many have called this bill frivolous and vainglory. Many have accused me of egotism borderlining megalomania. I never once thought of myself while introducing this bill! I only thought of the countless generations of children around the world that will be comforted to sleep by the unending gaze of my face. Think of the children!"

1 comment:

  1. You've got to keep this character coming up with proposals!-- so funny!

    ReplyDelete