Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Dark Page

Continued from yesterday's story "A Fateful Suggestion."
~~~

"In a city where evil has a pretty late bedtime," Fred Allen wheezed in his best chain-smoker movie announcer voice, "there is only one man who can put it to sleep!"

From the streets below a strange figure can be seen jumping from rooftop to rooftop, a black cape fluttering behind.

"I am the bat that comes swinging in the night, or perhaps it comes fluttering! You can't really know with homonyms unless you have some contextual clues. Hey, that's pretty good! I am the unknown homonym! Am I the bat, or am I the bat? Both! I am the Batboy!"

~~~
A sketch of Batboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment