Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ocean Dangers

"Hey, Jamie! Are you excited about going to the ocean? We're going to have a ton of fun!" Dad was doing his paltry overly-exaggerated enthusiasm gimmick to prod me into capitulating. It wasn't going to work.

"There are all sorts of dangers associated with the ocean, Dad. Riptides, jellyfish, razor-sharp coral, UVA rays, sharks, just to name a few."

"Oh, come on," Dad waved his hand as if these potential death-traps meant nothing, "I actually just read this article on CNN.com titled 'Why Sharks Probably Won't Eat You.'"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm so relieved! A shark probably won't eat me."

No comments:

Post a Comment