Brief Conceits will be moving off of Blogger onto a WordPress-powered site. The transition will happen later this week. The web address will remain the same, and if you are subscribed to the RSS that should remain the same as well. Thank you!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Sincere Apologies that Google Brought You Here

The front door shut with a bang. "How was school today, Francine?" her mother called from the kitchen.

Francine half-grunted half-screamed in reply. Then she ran to her room, slamming the door behind her.

Immediately she logged onto her computer. "You'll know the answers to my problems, Google! You've never let me down before. Well, except for that one time you directed me to that short story blog with awful stories and self-referencing humor. Seriously, who thinks that's funny?"

Trepidatiously, she typed in the words "why do people not notice me i am short?"

The search results appeared.

"Google! Not again!"

1 comment:

  1. That is an actual search term that brought someone here. I tried it on Google, but I couldn't find my site several pages into search results... So some poor short person must've gone a long way to eventually come to my site.

    Related to this, however, I come up (last I checked) third in the Google search "wss coupons" and I seem to get a visit from that search term about once a day. You've got to know those people are disappointed. Sorry! No actual coupons here!

    Only a coupon for entertainment...

    ...to be honored immediately...

    ...cannot be exchanged for cash value.

    ReplyDelete